Luxuries of Life

Sunday, December 24, 2006

bundles of joy... and other bad ideas






well, yesterday, i was really in the christmas spirit and what better way to celebrate than to go ice skating!!! well, i'm here to tell you that there ARE better ways to celebrate. just a word of advice. don't go ice skating with one other adult who also isn't the best ice skater with three kids who don't know how to ice skate. talk about bad ideas... i was on the ice for about 30 or 45 minutes and i didn't actually make one full circle. i got on the ice at point A and got off at about point E. the second dean and i put on the skates, our feet were on fire. and it wouldn't have been so bad but when you're not actually moving, it's really hard to balance on those blades. sarah thought she was really good but that's only because dean and i were holding up 99.5% of her body weight. and ian didn't do well at all. he just wanted to get off the ice and play air hockey. and i've never agreed with him so whole-heartedly. ouch. but all that really matters is that i ended up getting some good pictures. so it was worth it in the end.

on sadder notes, tara and wayne and family are moving in two days:( no more memories, no more fun. it was only a year ago tomorrow that tara was falling on her knee, merely trying to walk around her house. i'll never forget the expression on her face. i'm not sure if the embarrasment was greater than the pain, but if only a camcorder had been rolling. oh, how sad to leave behind such fun memories. merry christmas to you too, friedmans. we love you.

merry christmas to all of you and have a wonderful new year. love you guys.

15 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Blogger Mike and Misty said...

hey grace
I can only imagine your ice skating experience. I went a few time before mike and I were married and I have no desire to go back:) It is neat that you gave it a try though! Grace what is going on at my house??? I woke up this morning to Naomi screaming and come to find out it was bc she was surrounded in vomit! How sad is it to know your child has been in that for who knows how long, sad sad!! Things are never ending with children but how I LOVE them like crazy! Have a good day!

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

How does Misty beat me to these? Poor Naomi! We'll be on our way soon, girl, to help.

Grace, you are a hoot! Love the pics, love the bundle of joy, and love you description of the event! My ankles are on fire when I skate! And to think--you're in shape! Yikes! Love to the Smiths--enjoy the family while you have them there. Give all my love. Miss you!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

(The first pic looks like little Sarah!

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

)

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Please explain Tara falling on her knee....

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

(Do they have to put the pic EVERY time? Sorry!)

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Sounds like a good experience, all in all, that is. Sure love you guys. :) Hope you have a wonderful time with family. I heard Bryce did really well- good for him!

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Grace said...

i really don't like to comment on my own blog because it seems like i'm just trying to run the number of comments up. which i am. (thanks pewee for helping me out on this one.) oh, you ladies sure do make me happy. tara, how i wish i had night vision to see the stair catastrophe. i would have helped you up if i lived there still. it may have awakened me while dean was on midnights. i would have been right over, unlike wayne. shame on him. and to my dear misty. how sad about little naomi:( i'm so sorry about this morning. i sure hope you guys start feeling better by the time my parents come visit you guys. sarah and mom, i love you guys and mom, there is no explaining the fall thing. i think you were carrying the whole christmas dinner with you. love you ladies. look for my next blog, coming soon.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Grace, I think you mean post coming soon. not blog. you already have one of those- ha ha!
love ya!

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Grace said...

thank you sister sarah. man, you can't say anything without somebody coming by and correcting you. look for my next POST ladies. sorry sarah. correction taken.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

That's the attitude, chicadee! :) Come see us in Terrell for a night of FUN. OK?

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Wow, Grace... 12 comments, excuse me! Loved the pics.. Love you!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Grace said...

thanks christy. hey, quick question. was the jan check cashable or do i need to wait til payday for you? i'm not sure that we cashed either one but i didn't want to do anything i wasn't supposed to. come visit some time.

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Christy said...

they are both cashable.. I meant to double pay, but then I wrote two checks... it was weird, sorry I didn't explain it. Anyway, cash away! I WISH I could come visit.. one day I will be brave. You'll see.

Love y'all.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

SIXTEEN COMMENTS! You have won the Grand Prize! Conga-rats! (Showoff....)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home