Luxuries of Life

Monday, January 08, 2007

Broken Pledges*

i've always been jealous of all these people who have perfect posts. my brain has yet to figure out how to make all of the pictures in line and appropriate for what you're talking about. so one of these days, i will reach my goal of becoming "the perfect blogger." i'm kidding of course. i'd have lots of work ahead of me and i can't handle that right now.

well, today was bath day for all of the kids. i know, most moms are saying, "yeah, every day is bath day, right?" well, i guess my dirty little secret is that my kids aren't the most bathed kids in the world. i think this stems from when i was a little girl and hated taking baths. i would lie to my mom and dad and tell them that i had taken a bath and brushed my teeth when in fact, i had merely played with my brothers and sis and had gotten sweaty. yuck. my dad always made me prove it by expert dentistly (i know, that's not a word but it fits my story.) searching my mouth in the grocery store for plaque. he always figured it out. anyhow, back to my original story. today was bath day. i would like to say on my behalf that my kids nails are usually trimmed and sarah's are usually painted and for three kids, that's a time consuming task. especially since they hate it so much. also, my kids don't stink b/c we use really good laundry detergent and bounce sheets and if they're ever in need of an early bath (ie. ian gets really sweaty when the childcare workers play soccer with him. they always say "wow, could he be any sweatier?" and to that i reply "you have no idea." so the pictures are of the dear little ledbetters all scrubbed up and shiny.

well, i tried my hardest to get the kids down here where they should be. no luck. it's turning out to be a nice evening however. i'm here with ian and sarah who are both sleeping:) that oughta put a smile on anyone's face. abby went with dean to the gym. a nice break since this is not her happy time. i'm hoping to go when dean gets back. sarah is running a bit of a fever so i didn't want to bring her to the gym. once they wake up, it's dinner time. i'm having a salad hopefully with some shrimp on top (please, lovebug. dean makes the best shrimp ever.) that'll do it for that paragraph.

this post has been quite the crazy rambling. my brain is like a fried egg. they always showed you what your brain was like on drugs, but they never showed you what it was like with three kids at home all day. i guess they figured that was way too good for birth control. i'm kidding. but not about the fried egg thing.

i'm sure hoping you guys were still wondering what the title was all about and if you haven't guessed yet, you're *insert euphamism for loser*. for those of you who still can't figure it out, you must never watch Lifetime---Television For Women because that's what's on right now. or maybe it's Abducted--The Mary Latham Story. or maybe A Mother's Plea. one of those i'm sure. no really, Broken Pledges really is what's on. i just love the predictability of that.

i'm off to search for my sanity. have a wonderful day and to all of you in brownwood and the surrounding areas, see you this weekend. to the rest of you, better luck next time. ouch, that came out mean. love you is what i meant to say. mwah.

*hey, i figured out the picture thing at the last second. now say my posts aren't organized. i dare you.*

15 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

JUST to beat ma, I'm leaving a message even before I read it. I'm excited. More later!
love you!
sarah

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Very lovely posting:) "this is your brain with 3 kids" ha ha ha! lol :) I'm off to spend time with hubby dew melon. He had to talk with LL about some things, so I had a second to write. Hey, let's talk on the phone sometime, ok? New ideas for a new year!
love,
sarah

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

My bubby is a hoot, but SHE KNOWS THAT. She knows she is easy to love. Ask me how I know that. Grace, you really do have a gift for writing. Probably for speaking, too, but we never gave you much opportunity for that growing up, eh? Who knew?

I DO know I love you, but you know that. Kisses to the clean little people.

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Mike and Misty said...

Garce are you kidding you are the best at blogging! You blog faithfully and always include lots of good pictures!!! And you do this in the mist of raising your children. Looks to me like you have everything under control! Hope I can have it all together when this baby comes:)
love you
misty

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Grace said...

wow ladies. i went for a 2 mile walk and when i returned, 4 of the best comments ever!! i should go more often. sarah, i tried to call and you didn't answer so so much for a good idea. emmie, we said we wouldn't discuss my weird statement. and misty, you are going to do better with "16 and pregnant" than i do with 3. sure wish tonight was ladies night out and the three of us were together. love you guys.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Dad did pick the WORST time to check our teeth, thinking it'd never embarrass us. Oh well, one "bad" thing out of a million ain't bad, eh?
love ya! :)
MIsty, I agree; she DOES do a good job bloggin'

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Mike and Misty said...

16 Grace, you know more than I know:) That sure is alot! There has to be a limit sometime right?? We were thinking 4:)
love you

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Christy said...

First of all, that is a funny story Tara shared about Ian and wanting to stay sweaty. I actually laughed out loud. :)

Second of all, I LOVE YOUR BLOGGING!!!! I really do, and I always love the pictures you post. Abby is getting so big!

Can't wait to see you soon. Yay!!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

I had a thought. Maybe your posts would seem more organized if you actually capitalized the first letter in your sentences. just an idea...
he he!
Christy, I agree. Tara's story is GREAT! :)

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Grace said...

this is so wonderful!! every time i go to the gym, i get lots of comments!! and i must say, some of them are not so nice (eh hum, tara?). not to mention any names. that story made dean and me laugh like crazy! i still laugh when i replay the scene in my head. fun times. sarah, i prefer not to capitalize. this stuff doesn't come out of nowhere and i've gotta get it out or it's not going anywhere. reminds me of something else. misty, i don't think you'll be done with 4. i feel like you were meant to be the mother of many. and i think your many is way different than my many b/c i think i have many. well ladies, it's been fun. christy, i look forward to seeing you too. abby misses you. everyone is welcome to come visit me. love you guys.

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After each experience of the Luxuries of Life we ask ourselves, "Why blog?!?" Props to you Grace.

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An addendum: The "Why blog" comment should have more properly read, "Why do WE blog," in order to put the emphasis on praising yours. Again, congrats.

 
At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog. your kids have grown soooooo much!

laura

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger Grace said...

oh no you will not beat me, sarah. it appears all you need to do is fish for compliments and the comments keep coming. to be perfectly honest, i didn't mean to fish but obviously, i did. i promise to leave a good number on yours though. and tara, i agree with sherry about the children's book. you'd be amazing at that and i'd buy one for every child i know. including gregory gregory.

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

So, THAT's how you rack up so many comments. Now I know the secret- comment on your own blog. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home