Luxuries of Life

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Adventures in Motherhood



i'll just say that having kids is always an adventure. i'll jump in with the story of sarah's new look. during her "nap", she kept asking to "wake up". well, i told her no b/c she needed to go to sleep. so when i finally went in there to check on her, i found not only was her nap nonexistent and she was wearing a whole other outfit, she had a new hairdo to match the new outfit. wow. that's the first time this kind of thing has happened to me. i know it's kinda a cliche, children cutting their own hair, but i really thought my kids knew better. apparently not. oh well. after a good spanking a "the talk", i combed her hair and found i really like her with the wispy bangs. so that's what's new with sarah and the straw that broke my back about blogging.

my life right now is crazy. i'm not doing the things i want to be doing. that's not to say that i don't love my life. i love it. i wouldn't trade what i do for anything. but personally, i'm not accomplishing the "me" things. for instance, i have stopped exercising, blogging, writing dean love notes, taking pictures of the kids. i don't know what the deal is. it's like i have a huge mental block. and i don't like it. maybe it has something to do with the fact that i'm 24/7 pulling little "things" out of abby's mouth. wow. that's crazy that a ten month old is better at spring cleaning that a 24 year old. so that's what i do all day. and to think i vacuum more than my sister. wow. i'm not sure what else to do. it's pretty draining.

we go to the pool almost every day. what fun. i didn't know how it would go with three kids by myself but it's going great. i love it. abby LOVES the water. she goes under the water and doesn't even cry or choke or anything. how great to have one baby that actually doesn't mind getting water in their eyes. i'm so thrilled. last saturday, we had a swim and a movie at the community pool. how cool. they played CARS on a big projector screen and it didn't start until almost 9 so it was kind of a special late night. it was so fun. ian made a friend and i got the mom's phone number so ian can actually have a boy to play with. he was excited. as was i.

abby's getting a new top tooth and i'm a little worried b/c it seems a little off centered. i sure hope she doesn't have "grace" teeth. braces, here we come. what's the earliest age you can put those babies on? 1 year, right? she's still not pulling up or anything but she is loving exploring the house. me, not so much. how do you keep every tiny item off of the floor of a big house with 5 people in it. i'd say impossible. it's fun to try though.

back to the pool. ian is starting to go under water. not quite swimming, but it's a start. we love it. and with a pair of floaties and a noodle, he's on his own in the water. sans many piggy back rides back and forth. so about the not exercising, i meant, not running. i still get a little exercise in.

okay. until i get out of my "me stuff" funk, i'll see you later. love you guys. also, a quick birthday shout out to dan-today, and jody-tomorrow. love you guys. and happy anniversary to tara and wayne friday. and dean and i have been married six years last saturday. fun times. love y'all.

7 Comments:

At 7:25 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Wow, Grace, when you blog, you BLOG. Whoo hoo! Loved the whole thing.

Sorry about the "me funk." I think I've been in those; maybe not to that extent, but certainly when Mikayla put EVERYthing in her mouth- boy, what a chore!! It seems never-ending. But, it does end. (well, DOES it? Mikayla just yesterday put a rock in her mouth- WHY????)

I do like Sarah's bangs. BOOM! I can't believe she got a spanking from it...

The McKinneyians are upset about the once a week watering. And who can blame 'em, eh? It seems like that's ALWAYS on the news.

Well, have you found our 5k yet?

That's so funny how you think Abby's new tooth is off-centered. Hee hee! lol. I think it's just a bit early to be thinking of braces.

I am laughing right now remembering Dad ask Mom tonight at CC's, "What does Grace mean about pulling little things out of Abby's mouth?" haaa haaa haaaa!! (What COULD you mean, right??) yes, still laughing- and definitely out loud. I'm a bit embarrased. (sp???)It's probably one of those things where I'll just think about it and automatically smile. :)

Let me know how the run goes; if you DO go tonight, I'll put her name back in the regular font size and even capitalize the G.

GOOD NIGHT! Happy day off tomorrow, Dean! Love to the Ledbetters.

 
At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about everyone else, but glad to see that Sarah could comment about the blog finally. I will work on getting Grace out of the "me" funk. Sure do love my Wife.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

dean, how SWEET that you do love your wife. I LOVE THAT! She's quite a loveable gal, eh?

The 3rd pic of Sarah looks something like Pocahontus, eh? :)

And, Dean, it's the "me STUFF" funk to be exact.

LOVE THOSE LEDBETTERS!

 
At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY PRECIOUS GRACE!!! How I miss you & how you make me smile!!;o) Thank you for remembering our anniversary!!! 11 BIG ONES!!! Sweet Wayne---the love of my youth! ;o)

AND---Happy Anniversary to you guys!! If we still lived in Americus, all the bambinos could come over to our house while you and Dean have a date night @ Roman Oven!! ;o) We miss y'all terribly and love you much! Abby is precious. . . and can't believe sooo big!! I love Sarah's hair, and I'm so impressed w/Ian and the whole water thing!!! Good job, Ian!

Also---Isaac and Hannah play everyday in the blue plastic pool. With or without the water. I still remember what Ian, Isaac, and Sarah looked like when trying to play all at once in their blue paradise!! I still laugh at those captured moments! ;o)
Wish you could see Hannah. She now has 'pretty' shoes just like Sarah. She falls all the time in them with quickly saying 'it's otay.'
I'm pretty sure I've broken some kind of rule by leaving such a long comment. Give kisses & hugs to everyone! Love you!
Forever in Him-- tara ;o)

 
At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take cutting bangs over smearing the bathroom and himself with Vaseline, as my friend's boy did. NASTY stuff--imagine! I thought for sure it was gonna be a kernel of corn up the nose: Mom, I was just running by and Danny shoved it up there--Good aim, Danny! Those were the days.... Enjoy. Next come the pennies down the hatch.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Christy said...

The pennies down the hatch almost came along this weekend, thanks to dear Mikayla lovingly handing Abby a penny, then another penny, then a quarter! Thank goodness for aunt Christy, eh? That was a close one.

Gracie, thanks so much for having me over and being so nice to me... I LOVE YOU so much and I can't wait to see you this week/end!! I'm sorry we don't have any cool place to take you to, like Market Street. But you're always welcome at 10325 Hwy 377 where there is always sure to be some kind of adventure. Just imagine.. not knowing which part of the floor will cave in, where you should step lightly.. Oh, the adventure of it all! It's like small town stunt junkies! Come over!!!

Love to the kids.. Tell Dean thanks for the ribs.

And I really liked your friend Janna!

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I post, you post. Your turn--TAG, you're it. See you manana. Boy howdy, I love you. Good job on the M & Ms, Beans.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home