Luxuries of Life

Sunday, April 08, 2007






i used to be so up to date on this blogging thing, and now it's so hard to sit down and do it. but here goes. since my last post, mikayla has turned 1 year old. she's such a big girl, walking around and all. can't wait for her to come visit me one of these days. she can even play with sarah's toys, as long as "barfie" has her clothes on. abby will share too. we love you, mikayla.

if you don't have kids who are between the ages of 2 and 10, then you wouldn't really understand. but you know the ol' saying, "kids say the cutest things." (a little cleaned up.) well, they really do. just wanted to let everyone know that my kids are very funny. every day, they say things that i just love. and they're so innocent about it. it's not funny when they are trying to be funny. only when they are trying to learn about things and haven't mastered them. that's a recipe for comedy. for example, the other day on the way to brownwood, ian was learning about toll roads and i was trying to explain about the toll pass and now we don't have to throw money in b/c it's like a credit card. well, we were going over a very tall overpass and ian says, "wow, mommy. you're right. this sure is a tall road." so three trips of explaining toll roads to him, and that's what he's gotten out of it. what a good teacher i am. sarah says funny things all the time too, i just can't think of anything right now. (sarah just reminded me... she was getting her coloring book out to color with ian, and she said "make room for the bad colorer." i wonder why she thinks she a bad artist. hmmm.) abby's not a bit witty though. she hasn't said one funny thing her whole life. i'll try to teach her, though. maybe all she needs is a little time.

abby got a new little eating toy. it's like a pacifier, but the mouth part is a mesh bag and you put a banana or something in there and they chew on it and don't get any big pieces. it's like a strainer for babies. good idea, eh? well, you try cleaning that thing. wow. it's about a 10 minute job, and you still might not have it clean. i tried giving frozen strawberries, but as you can see from the picture, it was a huge mess. oh well. abby has a lot of fun with that thing. so who doesn't have 10 extra minutes on their hands. not to mention, she has to go right in the bath afterwards.

the rest of my post just got lost so i'm not going to redo it. you'll just have to tune in next time.

8 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Little Sarah is going to be SO warped when she grows up--where DID she get the idea that she's a bad colorer? I totally LOVE your blog entries--MORE! You are a hoot!
How I love those Ledbetters!

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Hey, Grace, but it's not yet been a month since your last post. What's going on??

CUTE pictures:) I LedOL when I saw the one of BABYABBY; what a doll. And what a good invention that guy came up with. Yep, the cleaning part is what takes a little time, but of course it's worth it, right?

Yes, my Mikayla is 1. sigh. Can you believe it?? I'm ready for another one, if the Lord is willing.

Tomorrow's the big day. rest. awww... THEN, we've got to get down to business. No slow jogging for me. (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) Yes, I remember it IS a race; I'll try not to forget, ok? I don't want to embarras you @ the finish line.

Poor Sarah thinking she lacks skills in the drawing dept. And that Ian- ha! I'm glad we don't have any "tall roads" around here. I'd be broke in no time flat.

Bedtime! Love you, sweet sissy:)

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Hey, I finally made the big time!! A picture of me in Grace's blog!! Wowie. Too bad it could be any of us.. no one can probably point it out. Is it Grace, Sarah, or that girl that is always tagging along with them?? Oh well. I know it's me; that's all that counts. Right? ;) LOve you! And please tell my dear Sarah that I think she is wonderful colorer .. she just needs to work on not taking things back after she colors them for me. Ha ha ha. BFN.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Why do my comments only show up like one out of every 300 times?? Oh blogger how I love to love you.

;)

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Well.. this is comment #3 from me today. Notice that #1 and #2 are nowhere to be found... only one of 43565 reasons I love blogger so much.

Anyhoo, maybe it'll show up, maybe it won't. I'll go on loving you just that same, Gracie. :)

Love and kisses to the kids - especially baby Abbs with her strawberry stained face! :)

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

There you are, little star. How much DID you pay CC for racking up your comments?? Unreal.

Tomorrow's the big running day. Did you rest today? Let me know when you find "THE OUTFIT" for running in. It's almost 1/2 the fun of the run! :)

I'm gonna do a warm-up lap, "run" 2 laps, walk a mile, then 1 cool down lap. Sound good?

Love you!

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Oh, there are those lost comments.. gotta love blogger.

Love!

 
At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home