Luxuries of Life

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sarah sent me a virus

and that's all i'm going to say about that. i'm not even going to capitalize this time. that's what you get for cheating, sarah. once more with gusto. like i was saying before sarah sent me a nasty virus that deleted my almost finished crazy long post, i'd like to thank several people for such pleasant comments about my last blog. first, i'd like to thank my children, who, without them, i wouldn't have such material for my comedic geniuse. dean, where are you dean? there he is (at least a picture of him). my dear husband, who silences those voices in his head telling him to ask why his wife is able to blog for an hour and yet the dishes need to be done, the laundry washed and put away, the house vacuummed, the kids bathed, the wife bathed, the family dressed, lunch ready, dinner ready, etc, etc, etc. so to my dearest dean, i thank you for your patience and your most-serious-time-of-your-life-face-while-reading-my-posts. (seriously, you'd think he was reading the stock market page in the newspaper but didn't know the first thing about stocks. his face is frozen. not even one smile cracked. and at the end, he says "that was good babe." just like that. i love you dean. and last but most certainly not least, to my faithful (fair-weather) fans who, unless the post is really bad, leave the most encouraging comments ever. thanks again.

well, today was not a total loss. in fact, i consider it very successful as i was able to do about 15 minutes worth of airplane with the kids. boy were my hammies (in shape people speak for hamstrings) burning. poor sarah. except for being super pretty, she's just not good at much. ("she's the worst artist ever." {inside joke.}) ian weighs in at almost 50 lbs and we simply wanted sarah to take a quick picture of the airplane but being the normal slow sarah, she couldn't figure out what button to push, what little window she was supposed to be able to see us in, was she supposed to zoom in or out, oh no, the screen went black, okay, now what, okay, now i think i understand, etc. boy, this whole time, ian is up in the air, back curved not like a cat but like a cobra, swaying from side to side, and trying to watch spongebob and yell at sarah, all while i'm trying to balance him in fear that by the time sarah figures out the picture thing, ian and i will have both finished taking our naps, going to the grocery store, and almost ready for bed. but, as you can see below, she eventually did a superb job.




















this is more of an encouraging paragraph. encouraging in that i really hope that sarah doesn't beat me in the comments area so please, i don't mind if you don't leave me a comment, but i'd like a vow that if you aren't going to leave me one, you in no way can leave her one. no seriously, please stop right now and think long and hard about this. who is here for you day and night, rain or shine, sickness and in health, tanned or untanned? why this blog, of course. so, in order to, shall we say, keep in good standings with it, just accomplish the aforementioned. that's all i ask.

well, i'd better jet. sarah's probably hard at work trying to figure out how to send me another virus to delete this before it gets into the hands of the enemy. until next time or until sarah gets more comments than me. and if you don't want to do it for me, do it for them. also, sarah and my mom should know what that weird little yellow drawing thing is. it may be an ugly picture to some of you, but if you only knew the story behind it...

24 Comments:

At 1:36 PM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

SHOTGUN! (Now to go read it....)

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Grace said...

i guess I'll leave my first comment. i'm SOOO nervous that Sarah's going to beat me. she's really had some good post lately. she's a great sister and I hope (know) she'll win. love you, sis!

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Sweet comments about me, Gracie girl! Thanks. I HAVE been working on having more interesting posts. There's just something about your blogging. Everyone treats your comment area like an instant message center. and mine like a buried locked box, never to be visited again. :( That's ok though, I guess.

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Bubby, What a joy you are! I think I'm gonna have to break down and get a frap @ Starbucks (long story, but I haven't given up yet!). Sweet airplane pics. (How come your feet are TANNED?) Please remind Ian that in two days Emmie will see the Boy-of-her-Dreams (the pic is Bean's broken heart-awwww!). Hurry home!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

PS Whine is a mocker.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Grace said...

boy mamma, i sure do enjoy those short comments. makes it add up faster. woowho. somebody's winning (in a sing-songy tune.) also, i'd like to add that the last "grace" comment was actually sarah going in under my name, that sneak. just so we're sure about sarah's ethics, maybe everyone should double post on mine so sarah won't have time to delete everyones. just an idea.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

You actually make me lol with your mischevious ways. (shakes head) Hope you can get at least ONE more, that way you'll only be behind... say about 5 or so! hee hee. whatcha havin' for supper?
love,
your sissy
off to do dishes; I know, I know, you're about to leave yet another comment on your own.

 
At 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just going to say that you two are too competitive. Really it is bordering on insanity.

 
At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as Graces comment on my face while I am reading the blog, just not true. Really does that sound like me?
Good luck to both of you.

 
At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I just want the whole world to know something. I have to admit that I can be a little competitive myself. That being said when you are better at something Ohhhhhhhhhhh say like ping pong it is hard to hold back and not let a particular person know that you are better than them. So I can kinda see where this is going. Isn't that right Sarah. If anyone is wondering that person I happen to be talking about being superior to in Paddle sports is SARAH DODSON. Defend yourself if you dare.

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

Dean, what do you mean "good luck to both of you?" AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME @ PING PONG. PLEEAASE!! Do I have to show you AGAIN??? Hey, Dean, trot on over to my blog and leave me a message... or are you too scared? yeah, probably. sorry.

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Hi Gracie. Aren't you coming soon???????

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Man, I hope Sarah will still be my bff and come to lno and bring dessert after she sees I left a comment or two on your blog, Grace. Yikes. Well, if not, can you be my friend when you come down soon??

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Christy said...

BTW, I always love the pictures. I think that's what gives you a bit of an edge over other bloggers. I didn't mention any names. I just said other random bloggers.

Love you.

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

Grace! Just had to say that you are one of the most up to date blogs that I can find, except those who have three or four contributors, but we all know those don't count!

I get so sad day after day, checking blogs, never finding anything new...until I realize I'm as horrible and boring as they come with keeping up with mine! :)

So, kudos to you for keeping up with your blog (very intertaining, btw!) and keeping a happy hubby!

I guess I need to add a link to your site on mine...then I'd have something to read every day or two! hehe

And yes, I'm staying absolutely as Switzerland in this competition I'm not going to mention....

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Mike and Misty said...

Here goes another competition and I cannot believe I am this late in leaving a comment, sorry Grace.
love you

 
At 4:29 AM , Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Love you :)
Although I don't know you! Way to have a great and fun relationship with your siblings. :)

Cute kids!

Wish I could play ping-pong with all of you guys. I'd smoke you. =P

 
At 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Grace...I just read all 26 of Sarah's comments. I am not sure that some people were playing fair. Are there any rules in this competition?


Beautiful and fun pix of the kiddos. I remember those days. It sure helped me to stay in shape back then. Maybe that is the answer. What do you think Viv? You want to have another round so that we can be fit? Just kidding. Loved my babies but do not want to do that again. Besides I sure do love those grandbabies...all 14. Now there is a competition! Who can beat that one? I know you are trying Viv.

YIPPEEE winter is coming! Sure do wish the ice would wait until Monday and Tuesday so I can have a couple of "ice days" at home. With all of the traffic in Coleman, I could not possibly make it to work safely.

Well girls, keep up the good work. My employers love paying me to read your blogs. Seriously, they do not mind...as long as the work is done.

Love you guys. Christy lets go shoe shopping...Jamie we will sadly, let you stay home. Toilet cleaning over shoe shopping...there is something seriously wrong with that.

Mary

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Jamie Butts said...

Okay, okay. Guess I like shoe shopping better than toilet cleaning, but I like ANY shopping better than shoe shopping.. clear as mud?

Miss you Mary!! :)

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Okay, I admit I wasn't exactly playing fair.. but you gotta understand that I knew Sarah was coming over tonight and I had to keep her happy with me so she wouldn't forget to bring Mikayla. And dessert. :)

Can't wait to see you, Grace!!!!!!

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie you have redeemed yourself..somewhat. I miss you too. I really am going to respond to the email. Don't give up on me


Christy...the things we do for a baby and dessert..guess you are justified too. You girls have a good time...even if you are not shoe shopping

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Well, Grace.. so much for all my comments saying "see you soon". Rats! Sure love you, though.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey! I want in on that shoe shopping trip! Definitely better than toilet cleaning any day!!!

 
At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the next movie night? I'll bring the movie and then Dean can tear it apart. Does Christy have a blog???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home