Luxuries of Life

Sunday, August 26, 2007

For Tara


It makes me sad b/c the last time i got a pedicure, it was with my dear friend tara. and we took cute little toes pictures afterwards. so tara, i wish the other foot in the picture was yours. love you. let us know if you hear anything about precious little naomi, whose birthday is thursday. she is so special. and super cute.

earnest luke, welcome to the world. can't wait to meet you. ian sure is going to have fun wrestling with you. better start lifting weights now so you can keep up with him. love you.



ian starts school TOMORROW!!!!! yikes. frisco does it where kindergarteners only go for an hour the first day (9-10) and the parents stay up there with the kids. then, tuesday, they go from 8-3, the normal school hours. that's a long day. ian's going to have a rude awakening going to school for that long. no more sleeping in. it's up with the sun. you too, grace. and sarah. and abby. yikes. scary thoughts. we met his teacher friday. now i didn't put an "!" point on that sentence as much as i thought i would. she's nice enough. she's about 8 months pregnant and she already seemed really tired after 1 hour. so ian will soon have a long term substitute and when the teacher finally does come back, it seems like she'll be tired and cranky from waking up in the middle of the night. i'm sure it will work out. ian and julie are in the same class, so they can stand up for each other. they'll do fine. i'm sure ian is going to love it and make lots of friends. if nothing else, he can run fast.

well, that's it for now. time to go make dinner. i'll keep everyone posted about how ian's handling school. as well as all the rest of us. bye now.

forgot to say that the massage, manicure, and pedicure was WONDERFUL. it was the perfect combination of relaxation (the massage) and girly gossip (the mani/pedi). it was so nice. and i got away for about 3 1/2 hours. that's pretty good for a mom. thank you, dear lovebug. it was super great. wish i had more time to give details. maybe on the next post.

7 Comments:

At 7:02 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

I'm guessing that poor Abby looks so sad b/c she can't come see Aunt Sarah just anytime she wants to. I do feel for that girl:(

IAN'S STARTING SCHOOL!!! Today DJ told us to remember to say a little prayer for Kyler and his mommy, too. How cute. We chuckled. :)

Dear Ian,

Please STOP growing up. The process is moving WAY too fast. How I've enjoyed being a part of your life! You are a most precious boy and you are very loved by me. Come see me sometime, if you can drag Mommy away from the hussle and bussle of the McKinney lifestyle.

Love you loads!
Aunt Sarah

Glad the triple take went so well. :) That Dean. What a thoughtful young man. We Dodsons sure like him.

Rats for him working overnight!

Love!

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

are you going to approve my comments??? You'd better!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

ps. boy, does Sarah have the MOVES or what??!

pps. We MUST see a pic of Abby's pony tail. I repeat MUST.

 
At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve to be pampered, so I'm glad you got to enjoy yourself! That Dean--I love him! Great words of commendation from his mother-in-love--he's the BEST! (You, too, Jody....) My baby Beans is going to school--too much to process. I love you and yours, Bubby! Talked to DAN! He's well, so to speak.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I second the motion for a picture of Abby's pony tail!

Love you!!! It sure was swell chatting with you on the phone.. I seem to always call you when you're getting something to eat... Anyway, I can't believe you didn't get Mexi dips and chips.. that's my favourite Bueno order. Hope you enjoyed your burrito or whatever.

Can't wait to hear how tomorrow works out.. I'm glad you and Debbie are liking the teacher now. That's always good. Let me know if anything opens up in the cafeteria there, I've got a good four years before I have to start at Early with Mikayla, so the way I see it, I have time to start with Sarah before then. And of course, after Mikayla gets settled in, I'll transfer back and start with Abby.. Yeah, I'm sure that'll all work out. :) lol

Glad your enjoyed your pampering. I vote for Blanket ISD to offer that same treatment to any employees that stand on their feet 99% of their work day. I guess that would qualify me! Yay. Can't wait.

Too bad you couldn't be here to see me in my new hairnet and visor combo.. I feel like this is THE year I'm gonna catch someone's eye.... Preferably someone older than a senior! lol Just ask Sarah how cute I looked today..;)

Bye now.

 
At 5:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verified: CC looked cute today!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger sarahdodson said...

yes, she did, Grace; promise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home